What are the required documents from Gulf investors to trade in shares subscribed at Masref Al Rayan?
All investors need to make sure that they have the required documents listed below to facilitate the process of trading the subscribed shares before their arrival to the State of Qatar:
- Fill out a request related to personal data update (available through the following link: https://www.qcsd.gov.qa/files/Forms/NINInfoModification.pdf)
- Copy of the personal form that was used in the shares subscription/or the allotment notice. In the absence of any of the mentioned documents, the investor can visit any of Masref Al Rayan branches, and request a proof certificate from the bank, or a profit receipt.
- A valid passport/ or personal identity card.
- Account information Certificate (IBAN) approved by the bank.
Proxies/Power of Attorney:
Proxy holders coming from GCC should ensure the validity of the proxy, and its authentication from the following authorities:
- Ministry of Justice.
- Embassy of the State of Qatar/ or any embassy handling the work of the State of Qatar.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs at the country of issuance.
- Department of Attestations from the Qatari Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
N.B: According to Qatar Financial Market Authority regulations, proxy holders are not entitled to transfer the ownership of shares from the principal’s account to their account, regardless of the proxy’s context.
After making sure of obtaining all the required documents, investors can visit Qatar Central Securities Depository and submit the application to the customer service. The file will be reviewed by the person in charge, and will be sent for execution if it meets all the requirements.
Afterwards, a stock account statement is printed by the Central Depository and handed over to the investor to be able to attach it when submitting the request to open a trading account with brokerage firms.
For any further information, you can contact Qatar Central Securities Depository at:
- +974 4422 2410
In addition, you can also contact Qatar Financial Market Authority for any further clarifications at:
- +974 4428 9999
Working hours are as follow:
Sunday to Thursday from 7:45 am till 1:00 pm.